Tuesday, March 20, 2012

How You Can Help!

Because I have some of the best friends in the world, I've received lots of offers to help out. I've been thinking about types of support that would be helpful for me. If you want to help out, here are some things that would be good.
  • Hugs! Big fatty friend hugs are pretty much the best.
  • Cards. I'd love to have some cards to hang up in my apartment. I can get really anxious sometimes, so it would be nice to have a bunch of cards to serve as physical reminders of all the wonderful people in my life. You can send me an email or private message for my address, or you can leave it in my school mailbox.
  • Lunch dates. Right now my rituals keep me housbound from around 4pm-onward during the evenings. OCD can be pretty isolating, and I don't want to get cut off from my friends. I'm going to try to schedule some lunch dates with every one to make sure that I maintain social contact. 
  • Food is really good. I'm trying to put some weight back on, so I need to eat eat eat. I'll try to write a list of specific stuff that I like. 
  • Jigsaw puzzles. For some reason, I've found that doing jigsaw puzzles helps me relieve anxiety and keeps me entertained. I usually buy 1000 piece puzzles at Target, Half Price Books, or a toy store, and would love to have more. 
  • I also have an Etsy Wish List with pretty little trinkets.

3 comments:

  1. Yay! It's nice to know how to help!! And oooh cards. I dunno if I've told you this before, but greeting cards are some of my favorite things in the world. I like buying them and sending them and getting them, and they always make me happy! I'll be calling you up to figure out when we can do lunch dates soon!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I also love card shopping! And I can testify to the power of cards to make you feel like your friends and loved ones are present even when they can't be. I'll keep an eye out for something adorable...

    ReplyDelete